Risperdal Drug Lawsuit
The Steinberg Law Firm is evaluating claims for a Risperdal Drug Lawsuit. Risperdal is an antipsychotic drug made by Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a subsidiary of healthcare giant Johnson & Johnson. The FDA has issued warnings that boys and young men who have taken the Risperdal drug have been linked to increasing levels of the hormone Prolactin stimulating breast growth and milk production. Alleged personal injuries from the Risperdal drug have resulted in more than 420 lawsuits filed against Johnson & Johnson. Illegally marketing drugs including Risperdal, Johnson & Johnson has already paid billions of dollars in lawsuits to settle federal and state government allegations. If you or a loved one (boy or young man) has experienced side effects after taking the Risperdal drug, you may be entitled to financial compensation and are urged to contact our law firm today to learn more about the Risperdal Drug Lawsuit.
Risperdal Drug Side Effects
- medical condition of the growth of male breasts
- medical condition of production of milk from breasts
Risperdal Drug Studies
- Many studies regarding the use of Risperdal Drug in boys and young men have been conducted and have found increased prolactin hormone levels and increased medical conditions such as Gynecomastia and Galactorrhea.
- Psychopharmacology (1999) drug study found when Risperdal was combined with Prozac it has lead to the medical condition known as Gynecomastia (growth of male breast)
- The Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology (2006): Patients being treated with Risperidone (a generic version of Risperdal) found a persistent elevation of prolactin for periods up to 2 years.
- The Journal of Child and Adolescent Phychopharmacology (2009): Adolescents that have used Risperidone (the generic version of Risperdal) can “strongly increase prolactin levels”, leading to clinical conditions such as gynecomastia (growth of male breast) and galactorrhea (production of milk from breast)
Risperdal Drug Lawsuit Inquiry
Please fill this form if you would like more information or discuss a potential legal claim or lawsuit with an attorney regarding Risperdal lawsuit. All inquiries including information provided regarding side effects from the Risperdal Drug are kept strictly confidential. If the inquiry is accepted for further review, you will receive a prompt response (usually the same day or by the next business day).
Consult a Doctor for all Medical Issues
Please consult your doctor, not your lawyer, on matters relating to your health. It could be dangerous to stop taking medicines, especially abruptly. Patients should talk to their physicians to decide whether the benefits and risks of using Risperdal make it the right choice for them.